Active Cities for EU
What the project is about
Active Cities for EU promotes local decision making through public consultations, to strengthen citizens’ active
involvement in European political life. The project focuses on women as tackling gender inequality in the EU will
contribute to the protection and further promotion of the EU citizenship.
what do we want to achieve
1. understand the reasons behind the different levels of participation of citisend participation in different countries
2. identify, share and discuss best practices, methodologies and tools
3. simplify the identified methodologies and tools and disseminate them in other EU Member States
4. train municipal personnel in the use of the simplified methodologies and tools to increase citizens’ participation
5. support local authorities in planning and implementing public consultations to involve citizens in policymaking
For whom is the project relevant
The target audiences of the project are local and regional authorities at country level, but also local authorities outside the partners’ countries. Women and young people are also a special focus of this project as according to all data they are underrepresented in public consultations and in some cases they are also lacking interest to participate. Journalists and European institutions, associations and networks will be also targeted as multipliers towards policymakers and the general public.